The only book you need to own on the legendary Scout is back, in a heavily revised second edition featuring new information on the most collectible trucks, a new section identifying all the appliqués offered, an expanded index, and tweaks and updates throughout.
Veteran journalist and four-wheel drive historian Jim Allen and recognized collector and Scout expert John Glancy created the most in-depth book about Scout trucks on the market. The book includes details about all your favorite Scout models from the very first to the last one to leave the factory and some the public never saw. With never-before-seen images and new details about the Scout that will surprise even the most dedicated enthusiast, the International Scout Encyclopedia is a must-have for any fan of vintage four-wheel drive rigs or International Harvester.
Improvements to the second edition include:
• All-new comprehensive visual guide showing all the appliques (graphic packages) offered for the Scout.
• Substantive updates to the Spirit of ’76/Patriot/Snowstar story
• More information on and images of the Last Scout
• More info on the SR-2, particularly the ultra-rare Gold version
• Expanded history on the CVI specials
• More info on the Midas SSII- particularly the Canada Dry variant
• Corrections and revisions to all the data and numbers, plus more info on Line setting tickets.
• More than 100 pages with critical details revised